Legislation We Support!
The "Sunlight Resolution"
H.Res. 580 --112th Congress.
Protecting Seniors' Access to Medicare Act of 2013
American Sovereignty Restoration Act of 2013
Federal Reserve Transparency Act of 2013
H.R. 24 - "Audit The Fed!"
The Battle Over Obamacare
As the realities of Obamacare become harder to deny, it is equally clear that the fight is not over.
Patient OPTION Act of 2013
Defund Obamacare Act of 2013
Obamacare is Unconstitutional
What You Can Do About Obamacare
The Parental Consent Act of 2011
We The People Act
"Social Security for Americans Only!"
Senior Citizens Tax Elimination Act
The Patient OPTION Act of 2013
"A Bold Republican Plan for health Care"
- Twila Brase, Citizens' Counsel on Health Freedom.
On August 1, 2013, Representative Paul Broun, M.D., introduced H.R. 2900, the Patient OPTION (Offering Patients True Individualized Options Now) Act to completely repeal Obamacare and replace it with patient-centered, market-based reforms to our health care system.
In his statement U.S. Congressman Broun, said, "The Patient OPTION Act is the solution Americans deserve and need. This bill will make healthcare cheaper for everyone, make coverage accessible for all Americans, and save Medicare from going broke. It is the only healthcare bill that allows patients to have full control of their healthcare – even once they’re on Medicare – and fully removes government from the doctor-patient relationship. Unlike Obama’s 2,700 page regulatory nightmare, the Patient OPTION provides clear, concise, patient-centered solutions in just 77 pages.
"…[T]he Patient OPTION Act, … can provide the American people with solutions that actually lower costs, deliver care, and empower American families when it comes to making choices about healthcare." Rep. Paul Broun
Dr. Broun's Patient OPTION Act would:
- Fully Repeal Obamacare;
- Provide 100 percent deductibility for all health care expenses, including health insurance;
- Increase contribution limits and add patient-friendly reforms to Health Savings Accounts;
- Move Medicare to a more flexible premium assistance program;
- Create a new tax credit for donations to hospitals and clinics for indigent patient care;
- Allow consumers to purchase health insurance across state lines;
- Make it easier for groups to establish Association Health Plans, which would allow small businesses and other entities to band together to negotiate lower costs for their employees or members;
- Give doctors a tax incentive to treat indigent patients;
- Completely phase out the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services; and
- Incorporate the language from H.R. 567, the State Health Flexibility Act, which would block grant Medicaid and CHIP.
Click here to read the full text of Congressman Broun's Patient OPTION Act.
Need more information? If you are confused by the recent GOP plan (Patient CARE Act) offered by Senators Hatch, Burr and Coburn to replace Obamacare, read the analysis prepared by Twila Brase, President of the Citizens’ Counsel on Health Freedom,
The BOLD Republican Plan for Health Care.
Once you understand that the GOP plan is similar to Obamacare and would keep the federal government in charge of health insurance, you will be able to appreciate how important it is to pass Dr. Broun’s Patient OPTION Act to “repeal Obamacare and change the entire landscape of American health care.” Now, take the next step …
TAKE ACTION NOW!
Call the Capitol Hill Switchboard (202) 225-3121 and ask for your member of Congress. Urge your U.S. Representative to become a co-sponsor
of H.R. 2900. Call your representative today!
CCHF Health Freedom eNews, commentary by Twila Brase, CCHF President.